Apparently women are dominating the demographics on social media.
You’ve heard the saying – “Everybody and their mother has a Facebook!”. Well there’s some data to back that up according to a recent article posted by Adweek. Check out the stats and infographic below.
- 81% of Pinterest users are women.
- The median age of Facebook users is now 40 years old.
- Across the 7 social sharing sites measured, men outnumbered women in just three.
- Those three were LinkedIn, Youtube and Twitter.
- The median age of Youtube users is now 38 years old.
- 67% of Instagram users are millennials.
- LinkedIn has the highest median household income with about $110,800.
The moral of the story? Do your research and know where your audience is before you start being social. Context is even more important than content.
Infographic: Carlos Monteiro